About Keep Cuero Beautiful
What we doMission: Keep Cuero Beautiful's mission is to create a more beautiful, healthier, cleaner community and to encourage the conservation and preservation of natural resources through educational programs, projects, printed material, and social media.
Keep Cuero Beautiful is a non-profit 501©3 organization and the winner of two GCAA's, and is an affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful. In 2012 KCB members worked many hours to Keep Cuero Beautiful.
Our History >
Our Board >
Become A Member >
1986 Polly Ritterskamp, Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce and her committee established Beautify Cuero, Inc. Under the leadership of Bess Blanton Precelia Brown, Carolyn Ferguson, and Phylis Lapp worked long hours to help beautify the community, educate the population about the importance of recycling, conserving natural resources, preventing litter as well as encouraging citizen participation in community-wide cleanup projects. Their efforts were rewarded in 1987 with the $36,000 Governor?s Community Achievement Award. These funds helped beautify city entrances on State Highways 87 and 183.
2004 The Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture reorganized the committee. Keep Cuero Beautiful became an ad hoc committee of the Chamber under the able leadership of Ann Hedrick.
KCB became a non-profit 501©3 organization.
(Dates ) HEB Brown Bag grants, "Put Plastic in Its Place," Adopt a Planter
CDC Recycled benches
Margaret Conrad,..(detail). Glenn, Sonny/Glenn
Jim/Sara selected Volunteer of the Month, Electronic Waste collection
Spring and Fall Garage Sale Extravaganza and ...More
Blue Ribbon Awards...
Under the leadership of KTB?s Anne Cunic and Kathy Gail, KCB became an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. In June of that year, KCB won its second GCAA, $130,000, to landscape a plot of TXDoT property on H87S, which is the site of two historical monuments: Settlers ..details, and the Benavides..details.
2012 Awarded 164 Recycling Bins from?.???
2013 Dedication of the GCAA landscaping will take place April 19th, 2013
In June of 2012, KCB won its second GCAA, $130,000 to landscape a plot of TXDoT property on H87S, which was the site of two historical monuments: Setters Monument & Benevides Monument
- Great American Clean Up and "Don't Mess with Texas" CampaignThe City's Electronic Waste Collection held on March 23rd removed 12,881 pounds of hazardous materials. Keep Cuero Beautiful applauds the City and community for helping make Cuero a safer, cleaner place to live.
During the City-Wide Clean Up, the Solid Waste Department removed 970 cubic yards of household waste too large for the trash receptacles and 145 loads of brush. Great work!
- Texas Waterways Clean UpThe County will clean the Guadalupe River at the Water Safari entrances and exits on Monday, April 29.
On April 30th KCB will clean the Cuero Lake perimeter. They invite the public to join them at 4:00 P.M.
- KCB Waterway Clean UpStudents from CIS science teacher Christi Fuchs join with KCB members to pick up litter along Cuero Lake front. Bags to be weighed in am. 3 snakes left at lake! View Photos!
- Great American Clean UpMarch 1 - May 31, 2013
- Tuesday, April 30 at 4:30 PM--KTB Waterway CleanupKTB Waterway Cleanup at the Cuero Lake front so meet at the clubhouse--we'll scour the lake front and surrounding area for litter then meet afterwards for refreshments! Bring your gloves and wear green--all other supplies will be provided.
- Earth Day Celebration!Photos from our Earth Day Celebration!
Keep Cuero Beautiful
We do what it takes to make Cuero a beautiful place to live.